When Bugaboo invited us to their headquarters in Amsterdam to get the very first peek at the Bee3, we were excited to say the least. I could give you all of the descriptive details about our trip. The flight. How awesome their current offices are, or incredible the new headquarters they are in the early stages of building will be. I could, but I know you're reading this for the details on the stroller, so I won't torture you any longer.
Late this summer the new version of the Bee will be delivered. It's the
same great luxury stroller that parents on the go love, with some nice additions and changes.
- The Bee³ will have a hard-bottom bassinet option
for a newborn baby. The bassinet will sit a few inches higher than the seat bringing the baby closer to the parent for those early months. The bassinet will be sold separately, so it's your choice if you need it. It will include small, light adapters making it easy to pop on and off. If you have a Bee Plus stroller (the previous model), the bassinet will work with your model as well (but you will need to purchase a new canopy for it since the canopy has changed). There are fabric carry handles on the bassinet.
- The Bugaboo Bee³ will still have the Cocoon accessory option for a newborn baby if a hard-bottomed bassinet simply isn't for you or if you want to also purchase one to elongate the time lying flat.
- The new 5 point harness is more user friendly. It's also no re-thread. You will never have to move the straps up as your child grows in size. Simply pull up on the seat to elongate the entire thing and the straps will follow. The seat still extends in both directions.
- The Bee3 basket is larger. By simply widening the sides by about 1 CM the capacity increased almost 30%. Plus, accessing it is even easier. Thank you Bugaboo!
- Bugaboo worked tirelessly to make the connections on the chassis as tight as they could possibly be. While this engineering talk may sound trivial to some, it's actually very significant. By doing so the chassis is not only stronger, but it also creates an overall better push. If you have seen our Instagram video of inside their testing label then you know they take testing very seriously to create the best products. If you haven't - go watch it!
- The rain cover will still be included with the stroller, but it is longer to cover more and make for dryer rainy days.
- If you're a fashion lover, then you're going to really like the new
fabric and colors for the Bee3. The new fabric is very different from
the Bee Plus canvas. It's soft, stretchy and more like a jersey meets
nylon. The way it tightly covers the boning on the canopy looks sleeker
and more modern - dare I say almost art like. It's washable and water
resistant. If you want to refresh your Bee Plus the canopy is
interchangeable. Of course, the canopy will now have a longer extension
with SPF50+. This canopy is the only canopy that will work on the Bee3 Bassinet.
- The wheels have been completely re-designed. We all remember and would prefer not to reminisce about Bee-Gate a few years back. Well, those wheels on the Bee Plus were fixed using their current design. For the Bee 3 they were completely re-designed. That's going to aid significantly in the quality of the push, which was already pretty great.
Here's the lowdown on colors:
- Two different color chassis options: Aluminum or Black (still has an upcharge for an all black frame).
- Four different seat fabric options: Black, Grey Melange, Dark Khaki and Red. You read that right. There's a new color called Grey Melange being made only for the Bee and is is totally gorgeous. It's a heathered grey and looks incredible when paired with a matching canopy or most of the others! I was totally obsessed with the sample I played with in Amsterdam. The seat fabric will be an actual color (one of the 4 choices above), so you won't need to get a liner to add a pop.
- 8 Sun canopy colors: Black, Grey Melange, Off White, Dark Khaki, Red, Soft
Pink (finally!), Ice Blue (finally!), Bright Yellow (this is a new / different yellow!!!)
- Purchasing the new Bee3 can be a little confusing. It comes in many boxes and there are a variety of decisions the purchaser has to make. This is the type of product that should be purchased from a specialty store to ensure you are getting everything you need, as well as the proper education on the product and brand. Ahem, hint hint www.NessaLeeBaby.com
(after all, we did just help you with all of this info).
|The Bugaboo Bee3 (3rd Generation) with a silver chassis and the new Grey Melange canopy & bassinet|
|In this photo you can see the increased size of the Bee3's basket, as well as how beautiful the new stretchy fabric looks on the canopy. The straps you see on the side are the soft handles for the bassinet.|
|Another view of the Bugaboo Bee 3 with Bassinet in Grey Melange|
|The Bee3 Bassinet will include a coordinating apron that zips on.|
|Another view from above of the Bugaboo Bee3 stroller with bassinet in Grey Melange|
|Here's a glimpse at a Bugaboo Bee3 Bassinet in Red with the NEW bright yellow sun canopy.|
Stroller with Aluminum Chassis: (includes the frame, seat fabric and canopy) : $719
Stroller with Black Chassis: (includes the frame, seat fabric and canopy): $769
Bassinet for Bee+ Owners (includes bassinet & new canopy): $309.95
Canopy (if you want to freshen up your Bee+ model or get multiples for your Bee3): $79.95
The new Bugaboo Bee3 will be available for pre-order in all colors at NessaLee Baby
. To get added to the waiting list to be given first opportunity to purchase in the first shipment contact 732.431.0008 or CS@NessaLee.com.